This is an Agreement between Sage Valley Pet Center and the pet owner whose signature appears below (hereinafter called “Owner”).
1. Owner agrees to pay the rate for pet care provided in effect on the date pet is checked into Sage Valley Pet Center.
2. Owner further agrees to pay all costs and charges for special services requested, and all veterinary costs for the pet during the period said pet is in the care of Sage Valley Pet Center.
3. Owner further agrees that the pet shall not leave the facility until all charges due are paid by Owner or proper payment arrangements are agreed upon by both parties.
4. By signing this Agreement and leaving pet with Sage Valley Pet Center, Owner certifies to the accuracy of all information given about said pet. Sage Valley Pet Center reserves the right to deny admittance to Owner’s pet for any reason at any time.
5. Sage Valley Pet Center shall exercise reasonable care for the pet delivered by the Owner to the pet care provider. If interactive care is provided, Owner recognizes and accepts potential risks involved in such activity. It is expressly agreed by Owner and pet care provider that Sage Valley Pet Center’s liability shall in no event exceed the lesser of the current chattel value of a pet of the same species or the sum of $400.00 per animal admitted. The Owner further agrees to be solely responsible for any and all acts or behavior of said pet while it is in the care of the pet care provider, to include payment of costs for injury to staff or other animals or damage to facilities caused by the pet.
6. Owner specifically represents that he or she is the sole owner of the pet, free and clear of all liens and encumbrances.
7. Owner specifically represents to Sage Valley Pet Center that, to Owner’s knowledge, the pet has not been exposed to any contagious diseases within a thirty day period prior to check-in. During the period of this Agreement, Owner also agrees to notify (business name) of any known exposure of pet to a communicable disease and hold pet out of attending (business name) until pet is symptom free for a minimum of 14 days or with written veterinary clearance. Owner further agrees to maintain currency of vaccinations as required by Sage Valley Pet Center policy.
8. All Charges incurred by Owner shall be payable upon pickup of pet, or when billed by Sage Valley Pet Center at address listed on contract. Sage Valley Pet Center shall have, and is hereby granted, a lien on the pet for any and all unpaid charges resulting from services provided by Sage Valley Pet Center. The Owner hereby agrees that in the event the charges are not paid when due in accordance with this contract, Sage Valley Pet Center may exercise its lien rights upon ten days written notice given by Sage Valley Pet Center to Owner by certified mail to address shown on contract. Sage Valley Pet Center may dispose of pet for any and all unpaid charges, at private or public sale, in the sole discretion of Sage Valley Pet Center, and Owner specifically waives all statutory or legal rights to the contrary. If such sale shall not secure a price adequate to pay such costs of pet care or other charges delinquent, plus costs of sale, then Owner shall be liable to Sage Valley Pet Center for the difference. All monies realized by Sage Valley Pet Center at such sale, over and above the charges due and costs of sale, shall be paid by to Owner.
9. If pet becomes ill or injured, or if the state of the animal’s health otherwise requires professional attention, Sage Valley Pet Center, in its sole discretion, may engage the services of a veterinarian or administer medicine or give other requisite attention to the animal. Such fees that result will be the sole responsibility of the animal’s owner. Upon notification of the owner (if possible) or guardian (if possible) of illness, a suitable veterinarian of the owner’s choice may be utilized, unless in the opinion of Sage Valley Pet Center an emergency situation exists which requires immediate attention. In the rare and unfortunate event that your pet passes while in our care, we will take them to our local vet whom we trust to hold your pet peacefully until you can make further arrangements, unless otherwise instructed by you, the “owner” in writing.
10. Sage Valley Pet Center maintains adequate insurance coverage to protect the interest of the Kennel, its employees, its physical properties and its business activities. Sage Valley Pet Center will not be liable for the injury, disease, illness, or death of any animal, if such conditions arise due to circumstances beyond its control.
11. This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties. All terms and conditions of this Agreement shall be binding on the heirs, administrators, personal representatives and assigns of The Pet Owner and Sage Valley Pet Center.
12. This agreement provides for the service of boarding your pet or grooming your pet or holding any of your personal property and is solely between you and us. Sage Valley Pet Center, Inc. is sometimes referred to as ‘us’ or ‘our’ or ‘we’ and customer is sometime referred to as ‘you’ or ‘your’.
13. Sage Valley Pet Center is not an insurer and you understand our Limitation of Liability as follows: You understand that a) we are not an insurer of your property or pet; b) you will have to supply your own insurance for any of your property or pets; c) the amount you pay to us is based only on the value of the service we provide; d) the service we provide may not always guarantee the safety of your pet for various reasons; e) it is difficult to determine in advance the value of your property or pets well-being or veterinary care or extent of pre-existing medical conditions or the effect of boarding in any pet boarding facility, or if Sage Valley Pet Center, Inc. fails to perform, to provide, or is negligent; f) it is difficult in advance to determine what portion, if any, of your pet’s injury, illness, or death would be proximately caused by our failure to perform, to provide, or our negligence. THEREFORE YOU AGREE: even if a court decides that we breached this agreement, or any of our services caused or allowed any harm or damage (whether injury, illness, or death) to your property or your pet, you agree that Sage Valley Pet Center, Inc. and our total collective liability shall be limited to an amount equal to the total bill for your pet’s last stay, or service, with us and this shall be your only remedy regardless of what legal theory (including without limitation breach of contract, negligence or any failure to perform or provide services) is used to determine that we and/or Sage Valley Pet Center, Inc. was liable for the injury or loss.
14. Limitations of lawsuits: Both Parties agree that no lawsuit or any other legal proceeding connected with this agreement shall be brought or filed more than 2 weeks after the incident, event(s), giving rise to the claim occurred. In addition, any such legal proceeding shall not be heard before a jury. Each party gives up an right to a jury trial.
15. Entire Agreement: This agreement as written is the only and entire Agreement between you and us. It may not be amended or
modified by any oral or written statements made by Sage Valley Pet Center, Inc. or our personnel. If any provision of this agreement is found to be invalid or illegal by a court, the balance of the agreement shall remain effective and in force.
I agree to the main agreement above
Aged Pet Release Agreement
The undersigned owner or agent of the pet described on this release form has been advised by Sage Valley Pet Center that when older pets are boarded they may experience greater stress than when younger because of removal from their normal surroundings. This stress can cause latent (dormant) physical conditions (such as heart, liver, kidney, gastro enteric disorders) to become active. The undersigned has read and understands the above, and as owner or agent for the pet described herein agrees not to hold this boarding facility responsible for the illness or death of their pet or for any expenses incurred.
I agree to the aged pet agreement above
* By checking "I agree" in the box(es) above you are entering a binding contract with Sage Valley Pet Center.